Short Straw Bride

Recently, I was given the opportunity to review Short Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer. I loved this book. It seems like a rare moment when I can actually sit down to read a novel and enjoy my alone time. Most of my time is spent reading textbooks or reviewing textbooks for the universities I teach. I spend the remainder of my reading time in devotionals or reading/reviewing homeschool curriculum for parents and this blog. So, this book was refreshing for me.

Here is a YouTube overview of the book.

There is a book trailer available for viewing through the publisher at Bethany House (a division of Baker Books).

This book demonstrates how the love of the Lord can help anyone to overcome obstacles placed before them, no matter how insurmountable the odds may seem. Meredith is the main character in this novel. She is young and seems naive, but is actually quite astute. She has been infatuated, or in love, with Travis Archer for most of her life. She recognizes the character in this man, when no one else does. Meredith is compelled by a sense of right and a moral fiber that guides most of her actions and lands her in trouble at times as well. She is a hard headed woman at best. It is this same moral fiber and faith in Christ that is infallible in her and leads her through moments of trial and completes areas of her life.

I recommend this book to anyone. I was unable to keep it long at my home. Shortly after I finished reading the novel, my son's girlfriend had borrowed the book to read herself. 

I read this book and have provided an honest review for no monetary gain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese