My World...

The pA problem this afternoon was 5(b-2)=3(b+6).  The child gets to 5b-10=3b+18 in the problem. He gets ready to combine the like terms and asks if the correct answer will be 2b on the left. I state: '2b or not 2b, that is the question.'  He looks at me perplexed and I state it is a line from Hamlet. He states: 'Oh, yeah...the pig from Toy Story.' 
 
I have to tell him that Hamlet is a play by Shakespeare.
I go to tell the hubby the funny of the moment, and tell the child: 'I will be back!"  He states that is from The Terminator
When I later return, he has still completed only combining the b variable terms of the math problem from where we left off, and asks if Shakespeare was Hamlet?  I have to reply that Shakespeare wrote Hamlet. He tells me that if I were to ever watch the television show Everyone Hates Chris, that the saying would have been 'I'll be black' 
 
This is why it takes us SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long to get through the math lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese