Shallots...

I was preparing zucchini casserole tonight for dinner. I went to go cut up some shallots and they have started to sprout in the refrigerator. For anyone who knows me, if it sprouts...I have to plant it. Although, you are not supposed to plant shallot bulbs until the fall and then harvest next year.
 
 
 
To be able to still use the shallots in the casserole and still save them for harvesting to plant...I carefully peeled back the outer levels of each bulb and then cut the pieces I could use and saved the rest to plant. I guess I will be starting an indoor shallot container. I am thinking that setting the container(s) in the freezer through a rotation schedule could prompt a false winter to them to start a growth pattern?  Who knows?
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese