Minimalizing in Life...

I am trying to minimalize some things in my life, my younger child's life, my family's life. We seem to get stressed out lately by the requirements of the activities we engage in...the best way to stop this is to get rid of some events, get rid of activities. I am trying to declutter...always trying to clean up and declutter...move it out, clean it out...

My study is an unending mess of piles. My older son returned home last summer. I had to move many things around and put things into different places to welcome this move back. I was happy to have him return. It also made me see how many things we have we do not need in our household. My older son moved out in March and I am still cleaning and up and decluttering.

I needed to move the chest of drawers to the younger child's room and move the chair to the study. The bed had to come out of the study and the couch go back in. Then the removal and clean up of books began...Books...these things are everywhere in my house. They are overflowing from the bookshelf, like lava from a volcano...erupting and running everywhere...piles and piles and piles and piles of books on the floor, in the corners, on the shelves...

So, back to the point of this post. I am trying to declutter the schedule some as well. When they are too many places to be, too many activities we are required to attend...my child becomes cranky and so do I...and it feels stressful....at times, it is though we do not have time to accomplish schoolwork, chores, and my work duties due to where he or I or we are required to be. This is not why I chose to homeschool and it is definitely not how I want to spend my time.

So, I have begun to extricate us from activities...then more people volunteer us for stuff...No! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese