Daughters...

I have sons...two of them...they are gifts...I have no biologically birthed daughters...I often think of the two daughters I have out there, birthed by other mothers, their biological mothers, who will marry my sons...who will become my daughters...I think of them and pray for them...
 
Tonight, at a regional homeschool meeting the speaker talked about praying for the spouses of your children. It occurs to me I have been doing this for quite awhile. I want these women to be graced and dripping and covered in the presence of the Lord and Spirit. I want their families to be safe. I want them covered and blessed.

Tonight, a friend setting next to me at the meeting stated she had never prayed for the spouses her children will someday have. I replied I have been doing it for years. I admit, I did not pray for the spouse of my older child until I became saved. So technically, the spouses of my sons have been being prayed for an equal amount of time.

So tonight, I reminisced on some of the prayers for these daughters I have yet to meet. I read through those posts and remember writing them. I remember the trials of the flesh we were enduring or my child was enduring when they were wrote. My other prayer is that the mother and father of these daughters prays for my sons as much and as hard.

Some of my previous posted prayers for my daughters:
To the girls who will cross the paths of my sons...know this, I pray for you. I pray for those whom have came and went, those who linger, and those who may be yet to come. One of you is the chosen wife of each of my sons...thereby, making you by extension my daughter. I know I will never be your mother, but I will love you as my daughter, as you will love and cleave to my son.
I pray for your path. I pray your words and actions are guarded by the Spirit. I pray the hand of Jesus is upon your heart, words, and mind in all things...even if you do not know His graces in your life yet. I may never be your Naomi, and I should hope that plight would never befall my family...but I know some of you will be Ruths and some of you will be Orpahs.

And either way...know this...I promise to never say words to hurt you or bring you harm...because you may be my son's Ruth. I promise to never speak against you or your own, because you may be my son's Ruth. I promise to pray for you each day, because you may be my son's Ruth. I promise to honor your name in the Light of the Lord, because you may be my son's Ruth...And, if you leave and are an Orpah...I will still pray for you, even after you are gone. I pray for you, because to someone else's son...you may be the Ruth.

So, to the daughter I do not yet have...know that, though it is not known to you yet, you are prayed for and loved.


...and whether you know it or not...

i have a daughter out there, picked just for you by Him,

before i ever knew your name or thought of your existence...

she is prayed for daily...

a hedge of protection is placed around her each night...

her path is guarded and her tred is light...

she is safe and sound waiting for you, chosen for you...

though she may not know this...

it has to be in the Lord's time...

...My prayers for her continue...and her family...Lord, You know her by name and call her forth! I pray for her spirituality, her path, her walk, her mind, her health...that they all be linked to You for Your honor and grace...I pray she feels Your presence, even if she might not understand. I pray Your Hand is ever upon her, and Your grace ever by her side, even when she is unsure or unsteady. I pray one day she know how much I prayed for her, even when it was only You her still knew her name.
 
... I wonder if she knows or feels how much I pray for her, for God's hand upon her life so that it may be lived for Him in full honor. For her to be in wait for God's time, in God's manner...I wonder if in the small whispers of quietness she listens to hear the Holy Spirit speak to her, to place patience in her life (that she will desperately need), to let her know she is loved and prayed for, before she was ever even known or thought about.
And, thus I am reminded: Do not be afraid for I am with you. Do not look around, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will keep hold of you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10  And, like my sons, I know my daughters are safe, and veiled, and surrounded by the Spirit, and guarded by angels. I know Jesus is with them, even if though do not know Him yet.
 
Do you pray for the son(s) or daughter(s) that you do not know yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese