the other side of the table (room)



I went to an IEP meeting this week...okay, it was supposed to be an IEP meeting. It was the first one I have went to in a long time that was not for one of my own children or for a child I taught. I remember what it was like to be a parent new to the IEP battles ahead...I remember coming in soft and now being a hard person to deal with - after approximately 13 years of special education battling. The cartoon below makes me remember what it felt like at times to sit on the other side of the table and feel like I had to battle the world and beat down the walls to get my child his accommodations...to all special education mommies - you are not in this alone. :)  The comic is even funnier, since it is the same as my name for the mommy!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese