sometimes you feel like you've done something right...

 
Today on the way home from my mother's house, my younger child and I were listening to the local Christian station. I do not know the name of the song that was playing at the time. The song was about a father who is reflecting on the life of his children and how their childhood has passed before his eyes. He sang of how he regretted not stopping to play with his child and how he always said he had to work...and now, it is too late.

My younger son speaks up from the backseat and says he can only remember two times I have ever had to tell him I had too much to do to spend time with him. We talked about for a moment. He discussed how the times this has happened, it was when I was backed against a deadline. He said what he remembers is that I always stop to play with him or spend time with him or to help him.

I am not sure what that states about my work ethic to others, which in my opinion has always been pretty driven and very strong. But, it does speak volumes to me on how my child sees me. I am glad he is growing to reflect that he is more important than my work, that his time with me is precious and coveted. I do not know what it states about my work ethic, but I am proud of what it speaks about my mommy ethic.

Comments

  1. Analisa, this is a great post and this is how it should be for all parents. Hopefully you'll inspire some to get things right before it's too late. Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Children are entrusted to us and we are only with them but for a vapor. It is critical to move them spiritually and just as citizens in a manner that we can look back and know we did something we were supposed to do. Blessings to you as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese