Growing Pineapples II

A little over a year ago...I potted two pineapple plants.

The how to is here:

They were repotted about a weekend ago.
For the two potted last summer that are now a year old...they have grown a lot...





This one is almost as old as the others...it was quite large, but had to be cut back some after being repotted...I think I tranferred it too fast from the indoors to the outdoors.
  

This one is about 8 or 9 months old now...it was looking poorly when I repotted it. I should have resoiled it before I did. The roots were showing some signs of rot. They had to be cut away and fresh soil used. It seems to be looking better and I hope continues to improve.

This one is the baby pineapple. It has only been a bit over 1.5 months since I potted this one.


I am ready for these pineapple plants to grow me a pineapple like this one:
This pineapple is not mine, or my picture...click on the picture for picture and link credit for this one.

This guy looked after his guys for three years to grow the pineapples he has...I knew it would take about two years or so to bloom one...but did not imagine when I started this process that it would take three years for it to bloom into a full fruit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese