potato cannons, eggs, and butter!!

Accomplishments of the homeschool day - maybe?
Photo
Last week, we attempted to make a potato cannon...it would not launch the potato. Today, it became a father/son project. After a few hours, it launched the potato more than sufficiently and also became a make-shift flame thruster! 

My younger son made three more arrows for the PVC bow. I think he made three...I lose count. We spent a good hour outside shooting them. He worked more on his bridge for his engineering class and finished it. :)  I hope it is as indestructible as he thinks it will be.

And somehow, we collected 9 eggs from 7 chickens...so, maybe some eggs were lain yesterday after we gathered eggs...who knows??

On a side note, for the first time in 2 months, since I was not content writing nonstop all day, I actually had some time to clean. Of course, I feel like I made more messes than I cleaned. Although, I did accomplish 4 trashbags full of junk. I loaded several older curriculum things we no longer use and will not need any longer onto a sale site. I found library books I had misplaced. Almost all the clothes were washed...I did not say clothes were folded up put up, but they were washed!  The husband folded them and left them in piles. :/
 
I got all the excess basil and garlic canned/jarred. I still have to do the oregano.
I got a batch of butter made and a good bit of excess buttermilk put away to make biscuits, bread, or pancakes with later.
         Photo is loading           Photo is loading
Photo is loading         Photo is loading
       Photo is loading         Photo is loading

I also was able to get the tomato deseeded from tonight to save the seed for next year!!
Photo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese