Partial Juicing?

I have been wanting to do a juice fast...but I love to cook. I love to bring the textures and smells together to create new items and concoctions...I worried how I would do a fast. My younger son's favorite question is What is for dinner?.


So, I have decided to do a partial juice fast. I don't know if there is such a thing - but this is what I have decided to do. I am going to try to do two meals of juice/juice throughout the day and then one light meal at night.

I feel like because of my family, I will still need to create one meal per day. So, they can eat normal at night for supper and I can eat light. Today was day one of the partial juice fast. I did not get the juicer until later in the day. I wanted to make sure I had one that did not separate the pulp, but kept it included.

The day started with the usual meal of the morning for the last three days or so (and the go to staple meals of morning when there is much to do and many errands to run)...granola, nuts, and carrots...Carrots have a way lately of remaining in a baggy in my pocketbook...they are grazed upon throughout the day. Be mindful that if you make a stop at Wal-Mart to buy a juicer and are grazing upon carrots that you take from your purse, people look at you weird.

So, I got the juicer and came home to make a juice of apple and kiwi. It was good, but it was more like a snack. I was still hungry an hour later.

So, I tested the taste buds. I have seen the commercials on television where the people place spinach and other greens in the juicer and say how great it tastes. I placed a bunch of romaine in the bottom of the juicer, added 1/4 of a lemon, a part of an apple, some sunflower seeds, some cashews, and some raisins...I thought it would taste funny...it was awesome. Even the child thought so. So, day one of partial juice fast will end in a few hours when bedtime comes...we will see how this goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Cheesy Cheese